How to set up a magnetic stripe encoder object Follow
This article will walk you through setting up a magnetic stripe encoder object.
For more information on encoder objects, and the magnetic stripe properties, refer to the online documentation Encoder Object, or click Help button in the lower left of each of the properties' windows.
Setting up a magnetic stripe encoder object
BarTender will only show encoder objects compatible with your printer.
Note: A Seagull Scientific printer driver must be used in order to encode a magnetic stripe with BarTender. For more information please review the following:
- Make sure your printer is selected (File > Print) before adding your encoder objects or they will not be available in the drop-down menu.
- Click the Encoder object icon on the Object toolbar and select the desired type of encoder.
- Select the track to encode to
- Select which encoding type to use
- Set the value to encode into the magnetic stripe track
- Close the magnetic stripe properties when finished. Since the object is not physically printed on the document, it will show up as an object outside of the printable region
Encoding to multiple magnetic stripe tracks
Each encoder object may only be set to a single track. If you need to encode to multiple of the magnetic stripe, then you will need to add multiple encoder objects to your document, and set each object to encode to a track.
For more information about the type of data and the data format that should be encoded into each track refer to the online product documentation Magnetic Stripe Technology - ISO/IEC 7811 Identification Cards.
- This document is encoding to two tracks on the magnetic stripe.
- The first encoder object, Magnetic Stripe Encoder 1, is set to encode to track 1.
- The second encoder object, Magnetic Stripe Encoder 2, is set to encode to track 2.