Technical Support will often need more information about your BarTender installation and environment in order to troubleshoot issues. BarTender's About dialog is often enough information, but sometimes we will need a higher level of detail in order to troubleshoot your issue.
In these cases, the Support Information Collector can be used to gather and automatically send information to Seagull Scientific.
The Support Information Collector will automatically create a system information file, look for and gather any crash dump files and allow you to attach other relevant information.
How to use the Support Information Collector
Tip: If you have not yet opened a support ticket, please contact us first
- Open BarTender Designer and close any windows that pop up.
- Click the Help menu.
- Select Send Information to Support. This will open the Support Information Collector.
- Click Next and you'll be asked whether or not this is a new support request or an existing support request.
- Please select the I have already contacted technical support... radio button, as you should have already opened a ticket.
- Provide your contact information in the boxes provided.
- If it's an existing case, please provide your Ticket Number and/or the name of the technician working on your issue. You can also provide other comments as needed.
- The next screen asks you to choose the types of files that you wish to include. Please check all of the available options to provide the most complete report.
- On the next screen, you can attach additional files. Please attach any BarTender documents or database files that may help troubleshoot the issue or are requested by your support agent.
- Finally, choose the region that you are in. These files are uploaded to secure cloud storage. Choosing the location closest to you will decrease the upload time.
- Click Next and the upload process will start. It may take several minutes to gather and upload all of the relevant files, so just leave the tool running while it processes.
When the process is complete, you'll see a screen showing that the files have been uploaded. At this point, you can also export the files to keep a copy for yourself or to send them through a different mechanism.
Tip: If you do not have an internet connection or the upload fails, you'll receive an option to save a zip file of the support information. Please email this file to your technical support agent by replying to your support ticket.
How to run the Support Information Collector Manually
If you are not able to open BarTender Designer or don't have BarTender Designer installed, you can run SupportCollector.exe from the BarTender installation folder instead. By default it will be:
C:\Program Files\Seagull\BarTender 20xx\SupportCollector.exe
For example, if you are using BarTender 2022:
C:\Program Files\Seagull\BarTender 2022\SupportCollector.exe