During label design, an object on the label needs to have leading zeros.
BarTender 2016 and later.
You can accomplish this by using Transforms on your label object.
- Start by right-clicking on your label object and selecting Properties.
- Click on your Data Source and go to the Transforms tab.
- Click on the icon to the right of each transform to configure.
Number of Characters
- Select the Require minimum number of characters checkbox.
- Input your minimum number of characters. The should be the sum of the number of characters of your existing object and the number of zeroes you require. For example, if your barcode has 4 characters and you need 4 leading zeroes, the value you would set here is 8.
- Change the padding to Left using the dropdown menu.
- Select your padding character (for this example, 0).
Prefix and Suffix
- Add your required number of zeroes into the Prefix.