USB Printer shows as Unspecified device
Printing from a newly installed USB printer driver fails. When looking in Devices and Printers, your printer is listed as an Unspecified Device.
Drivers by Seagull.
Download and extract the correct driver package from our website and extract it to the default location.
1. Open Devices and Printers > Add a Printer.
2. Choose Add a Local Printer.
3. Choose Use an Existing Port – LPT1: (Printer Port).
4. Choose Have Disk.
5. Browse to the Zebra.inf file you extracted from our driver package (Default location: C:\Program Files\Seagull\Printer Drivers).
6. Click OK and choose your model from the list.
7. Click Next and follow the prompts to finish the driver installation.
8. In Devices and Printers, right-click on the printer and select Printer Properties > Ports tab.
9. Change the port to the available USB port (Commonly USB001, but some trial and error may be needed to determine which port the printer is actually plugged into).
10. Click Apply.
11. To test that fix worked, print a Test Page in the General tab of Printer Properties.