Getting Error Message 3338 when trying to open a BarTender document
BarTender 2016 and later.
1. First, check that the Windows user account you are using has access to this folder by going to C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Temp.
2. Right-click on Properties and then go to the Security tab. Click on your user account and make sure Read, Write, and Modify are checked. If they are not, click Edit to make changes.
3. If your user account already has the correct permissions or you continue to receive the error after making the change, it means that the BarTender document is most likely corrupt. Try the following:
- Open the corrupt BarTender document onto a new machine and see if it opens successfully.
- If successful: open the file, copy all the objects, and paste it into a new BarTender document.
- If not, check if you have any backups of the BarTender document. If you are able to open a backup successfully, you can use then copy all objects to a brand new label file.