Customer-reported issues and features that were added or improved in BarTender Cloud® are listed below.
November 7, 2023 Update
- Added a new BarTender Cloud Online Designer (Preview feature)
October 23, 2023 Update
- The Print Gateway now has an option to add a corporate proxy
- Fixed an issue with some HP printers where the print job would be sent to the queue but never reach the printer while the print job shows completed in the Print History
September 12, 2023 Update
- Renamed Wizard to Template Assistant when configuring a database connection.
- Added database support for SAP HANA and Oracle Cloud
- Added option to create multi-table joins when creating a label with the Template Assistant
- Added option for two-factor authentication (2FA)
- Added additional BarTender Cloud Security REST APIs for two-factor authentication
- Renamed the “Actions API Administrator” role to “API User”
- Added option to control how long BarTender Cloud keeps temp data
- The Print Status page now supports more detailed print job information if the locally installed Driver by Seagull has status monitoring
- Updated Help documentation
- Fixed an issue where the BarTender Print Gateway was causing high CPU usage when a large number of printers were installed
- Improved printing delays when a label is connected to a very large database
- Fixed an issue where serialization failed to update if printing from an account with the “Print Operator” role
- Fixed an issue where the Usage infographic would display a printed item count of 0 if the browser language was set to Thai
- Fixed an issue where custom preview images set for label thumbnails would not show properly in the BarTender Cloud UI
- Fixed an issue for Android and iOS where bookmarking the Manage Cloud Accounts page would not display in a friendly name nor would it navigate back to the correct webpage
- Fixed an issue where an account with only the Integrated Action Administration permission could not navigate with the UI and received an Unauthorized error
- Fixed an issue where template objects would shift and could not print in Landscape orientation when printing to a Dymo LabelWriter 450 printer
August 16, 2023 Update
- Fixed an issue where the Business VCard template did not use the data entry form, even when set to do so, and would only print sample data.
July 20, 2023 Update
- Added password-based authentication for the BarTender Cloud REST API
July 11, 2023 Update
- Added support for printing BarTender Documents using some Google Fonts
June 30, 2023 Update
- Updated help documentation for token endpoints
June 23, 2023 Update
- Fixed an issue that may cause large print jobs to continuously print using the BarTender Cloud REST API
- Fixed an issue that may cause the wrong orientation to be printed when not using Seagull printer drivers
April 17, 2023 Update
- Added a configurable automatic logout time. Any user who is idle for the specified amount of time will be automatically logged out of BarTender Cloud
- BarTender Cloud image sent in emails has been updated to be readable when using Dark Mode
- Added localization for 19 European and Asian languages
- Changed the name of the Template Wizard to Template Assistant
- Updated UI to better distinguish sections of the User interface and make buttons easier to locate
- Updated the BarTender Cloud API Management screen to improve usability when editing, reviewing, and deleting registered applications
- Added storage information for storage space on the Usage page
- Added Event Logs. The Event Logs now have their own page in the Manage Cloud Account section
- Template Assistant now allows for sorting and filtering databases when one is added to a document
- Some templates in the Template Assistant have multiple page sizes and styles. These options can be selected when creating a new template using the Template Assistant.
- A new Azure SQL database connection is now available
- Fixed an issue when printing with an Epson TM-C3500, the page alignment would be incorrect and an extra blank page would be printed out
- Fixed an issue where if the company name contained an apostrophe, the name does not display properly when viewing the root folder in the Template Assistant.
- Fixed an issue where uploads would fail if the file name was the same as a file in the trash folder
- Fixed an issue where the folder icons would change color when using the magnify icon and searching
- Fixed an issue in the File Manager where double clicking on uploaded non-btw and non-pdf files would lock the page with a loading progress icon that never finishes
- Fixed an issue where double-clicking a PDF file incorrectly opens the print dialog and throws an error
- Fixed an issue where the revision history of a BarTender document displayed unclear and unhelpful messages. Messages have been updated and clarified.
- Fixed an issue where print preview would appear rotated for certain printers.
March 22, 2023 Update
- Fixed an issue with the Print Gateway service where printing to local printers yielded an error when attempting to print on non-English versions of Windows.
December 9, 2022 Update
- Non-administrators can now see the support number and subscription information in the Cloud account management panel so that non-administrators can give this information when contacting Technical Support.
- Updated Help documentation.