How to Enable HTTPS in a Web Service Integration
With the release of BarTender 2022 R5, BarTender now includes native support for HTTPS in Web Service integrations. This guide will teach you how to enable HTTPS while setting up your integration.
BarTender 2022 R5 and later.
A workaround for enabling HTTPS in BarTender 2022 R4 and earlier can be found here.
Follow these steps to enable HTTPS in your Web Service Integration:
- Create or open a Web Service Integration in Integration Builder.
- Navigate to the Service tab on the left-hand side.
- In the Web Service URL section, click the HTTPS radio button under Protocol.
- Check the Add SSL server certificate binding for the specified port checkbox.
When you select this check box and enter the SSL server certificate's thumbprint in the Thumbprint field, the certificate binding occurs automatically. If you do not select this check box, or if you select the check box and then do not enter a thumbprint, you must bind the certificate manually by running a Netsh command. For more information, refer to the Binding a Certificate to a Port help topic.
- The Thumbprint field specifies the SSL server certificate's thumbprint. You can copy the thumbprint into this field from an existing certificate file or by using the Certificate Manager feature.
Copy from a Certificate File: Opens the Open File dialog so that you can browse to the certificate file that you want.
Open Certificate Manager: Starts the Microsoft Management Console and displays the Certificates - Local Computer root folder so that you can browse to the certificate that you want and then copy its thumbprint to paste into the Thumbprint field.