This article provides a step-by-step guide on how to create Named Data Sources in your BarTender documents.
A data source contains the data for any object in your label. Making them Named Data Sources allows you to identify and address these Data Sources by name.
BarTender 2019 and later
Turn an Existing Data Source into a Named Data Source
- Double-click on any object to open its properties panel
- Click on the Data Source tab from the menu on the left
- The name field in the main panel will say <none> by default:
- Click the Change Data Source Name Wizard icon next to the Name field.
- In the dialog, type a unique name and click OK:
Create a Named Data Source From Scratch
- In the menu on the left-hand side, click the Data Sources tab.
- Right-click Named Data Sources, and select Create Named Data Source:
- Enter a name for the Data Source:
- Click Next, then as type, select Embedded Data
- Click Finish.
Note that the type of Data Source will depend on where you are getting the data from. Click here for more information on Data Source types.