Web Service integrations allow you to launch a print job using a web request. The request payload can include the data to fill into your BarTender template.
This article provides a step by step guide for creating a basic Web Service integration.
BarTender 2019 and later
Automation Edition and higher
Setup the Web Service Integration
- Create a new Web Service Integration.
- Under Service, set the Service name you would like and take note of the resulting URL Path. This is how you will be able to address the Integration when it is running.
- Set the Input Data Format field depending on the type of data you will send to the Integration:
- On the Print Document action Document tab, select the BTW file that you previously set up and which you would like the integration to print:
- On the Print Options tab, under Database Overrides, click on 'Add' to add a Database Override, and set the Data Source to Variable, and the Variable to %EventData%, so that the data being read by the Integration will be used on the label:
- Before deploying, you can test the Integration to make sure it is processing your requests correctly.