You receive the following error when trying to print a template with a barcode object:
This error message means that the barcode data contains some invalid characters. In other words, there is a character given to the barcode that it does not support.
In order to resolve this you will need to take the following steps:
- Verify the Data Source from within the Barcode properties
- Remove any unsupported characters to ensure that the data complies with the Barcode symbology:
Using an external database
If the Data Source type is Database Field you will need to follow the below steps:
- Make sure that the data supplied in the Field name specified below does not contain any invalid characters.
- The name and location of the database file can be found by clicking on the Database Connection Setup button:
- This issue commonly occurs when using an Excel database that automatically adjusts the cell type to a Scientific Notation, instead of regular Text or Number. This causes the data to change and include characters that a barcode does not support and cannot encode.
- Within the Excel file, the field format needs to be changed to Text. For steps to do this, please see: Database records does not match or missing data with Excel database.
For further information on specification of Barcodes, please refer to the guides below.