BarTender supports nearly every barcode symbology. You can see a full list of our supported barcodes on this page.
Before adding a barcode to your label you will need to decide which symbology to use. The type of barcode that you need is usually determined by any individual specifications that you're following and/or your companies individual barcoding needs. Seagull Scientific's Barcode Guide is a great resource for researching the unique characteristics of different types of barcodes.
Once you've decided what barcodes you want to add, you're ready to add them to your template.
Creating a barcode object
- Click the Barcode icon on the BarTender toolbar.
- Choose the More Barcodes option to open the barcode selector.
- Search or browse for the specific barcode that you'd like to add.
- Once you've found it, click the barcode to highlight it and then click Select.
- Click anywhere on your template to add the barcode.
- Use your mouse to move and resize the barcode as needed.