Basic and Professional editions of BarTender follow a user based licensing model. A user based licensing model restricts how many users may use the license, enforced by allowing one computer to be licensed at any given time.
For more information on activation please review the following:
BarTender is currently activated on another computer
BarTender Professional and Basic editions are licensed per machine. If you are receiving an activation denied message then you may need to deactivate it from another computer.
- Locate BarTender on other computer
- Open BarTender
- Help > Activation Wizard
- Use the Activation Wizard to deactivate BarTender
- Attempt to activate BarTender on the new computer
Seagull License Server preventing activation
The Seagull License Server is not used with Basic and Professional editions of the software.
You will receive the error "An Automation or Enterprise Automation license is required to activate Seagull License Server."
To check if you have installed the Seagull License Server click on:
Start Menu in Windows>All programs>BarTender Folder>Seagull License Server
Instructions for uninstalling Seagull License Server only
You don't need to uninstall the entire BarTender Suite to uninstall Seagull License Server; instead you can modify your installation to uninstall only Seagull License Server.
- Open Windows Control Panel
- Select "Uninstall a Program"
- Right click BarTender > Change
- BarTender installer wizard opens > select Modify
- Uncheck Seagull License Server (leave all others checked or they will be uninstalled as well)
- Click through wizard to uninstall Seagull License Server
- Run BarTender Activation Wizard > Activate BarTender
Still not working ... contact Technical Support
If the issue persists please open a ticket with Technical Support and include the following to help us provide a quick response:
- Product Key Code or Support Number (BarTender > Help > About)
- Complete description of the problem
- Steps you have already taken to resolve the issue