BarTender activation denied: Automation editions Follow
BarTender Automation and Enterprise Automation editions allow one (1) Seagull License Server (SLS) and unlimited instances of BarTender to be activated at any given time.
For more information on activation, refer to the BarTender Software Activation white paper.
Activating Seagull License Server
If you are attempting to activate Seagull License Server, refer to Seagull License Server Activation Denied. Do not continue with this article.
Seagull License Server already activated on another computer
Automation editions allow unlimited BarTender client activations, but only one SLS can be activated at any given time.
The activation process will attempt to activate the entire BarTender Suite. If you have SLS already installed and activated at another location, and the version of BarTender you are attempting to currently activate also has SLS installed, BarTender will attempt to activate SLS on this computer as well. To resolve this issue, uninstall SLS.
After uninstalling SLS, you will be able to activate BarTender.
You don't need to uninstall the entire BarTender Suite to uninstall SLS; instead you can modify your BarTender installation to uninstall only Seagull License Server.
To uninstall Seagull License Server:
- Open the Windows Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program to open the Uninstall or change a program panel.
- Locate BarTender in the list. From BarTender's context menu, select Change to open the BarTender Setup dialog.
- The BarTender installer wizard opens. Select Modify to open the Advanced Installation Options dialog.
- Deselect (uncheck) Seagull License Server. (Leave all others options checked or they will be uninstalled as well.)
- Click through wizard to uninstall Seagull License Server.
- Run the Activation Wizard from the BarTender Setup dialog, or from the BarTender Help menu, select Activate This Software.
Still not working... contact Technical Support
If the issue persists please open a ticket with Technical Support and include the following information to help us provide a quick response:
- The Product Key Code or Support Number. (BarTender > Help > About)
- A complete description of the problem.
- The steps you have already taken to try to resolve the issue.