Seagull License Server activation denied Follow
Seagull License Server is only used with the Automation or Enterprise Automation editions of BarTender. Also referred to as the License Server or SLS, it is a software application that monitors and enforces printer licensing for applications within the BarTender Suite.
The Seagull License Server is only needed with the Automation editions of the software. For more information on the license model, refer to the Licensing for BarTender’s Automation Editions white paper.
For more information on activation, refer to the BarTender Software Activation white paper.
Seagull License Server is currently activated on another computer
Only one (1) instance of Seagull License Server may be activated per license.You are allowed unlimited BarTender installations with the Automation Editions; therefore you can have many instances of BarTender installed on different computers and connected to the same instance of SLS. Each instance of BarTender must connect back to the same instance of SLS to remain activated.
If you have already used your license to activate an instance of SLS, you must deactivate this currently activated instance of SLS before you can activate a new instance of SLS.
Deactivating Seagull License Server
- Locate Seagull License Server on the old computer. (For more information, refer to Locating Seagull License Server on your Network.)
- Open SLS.
- From the SLS Help menu, select Activation Wizard.
- Use the Activation Wizard to deactivate the old version of SLS.
- Attempt to activate Seagull License Server on the new computer.
Still not working... contact Technical Support
If the issue persists, open a ticket with Technical Support. Include the following information to help us provide a quick response:
- The SLS Product Key Code or Support Number (BarTender > Help > About)
- A complete description of the problem
- The steps you have already taken to try to resolve the issue.