- When trying to use Commander, it is unable to be started as a service.
- It is also not showing up as a service under the Windows Services panel.
BarTender 10.1 and below
The issue may be due to a corrupted installation and can be resolved by manually installing the Commander service by following these steps:
1. Open a Windows Command Prompt (usually accessed by clicking "Start", writing 'cmd' and finally clicking on the command prompt icon).
2. Change to the directory where BarTender is installed by entering this command:
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Seagull\BarTender Suite
3. Now execute the following command to install the Commander service
Verify that Commander Service now appears under the Windows Services panel, start the service if required, then launch Commander.