This example will show you how to merge the trigger events of two separate text databases into one Print Action in Integration Builder.
BarTender 2016 and later.
This example makes use of several pre-built files. All files referenced in this guide are attached in a ZIP file at the bottom of this example.
- The variable data sources on the BarTender document have been prepared by assigning them variable names:
- The Integration File will do as follows:
- A File Integration has been created. The folder to scan is C:\Seagull\Zetes\ScanFolder1. This is where you would place the file 1Datei.txt. The content of this first trigger file will be stored in the variable %EventData%.
- Once the first file is detected, a second Action will wait for a second trigger file to appear under the Windows folder C:\Seagull\Zetes\ScanFolder2. This is where you would place 2Datei.txt. The content of this second trigger file will be stored in the variable %EventData2%.
- The third Action Text in Datensatz umwandeln will combine both variables (adding an extra field separator ";") and will convert them to a Record Set. Notice that I've used %EventData%; %EventData2% as the Text Source. Please keep in mind as well that you will need to make a connection to a sample text file which will have the same structure as the merged trigger files. This file is saved with the name test.txt.
- The result of this Action will be saved onto the variable %EventData%.
- The third and last Action is to perform a Print Action. You must click on the Import Document Settings... button so that the Integration Platform can read the properties of the BarTender document you want to print. You will then go to Named Data Sources and match the Integration variables (which correspond to the database headers the database wizard has assigned to the merged data) with the document Named Data Sources.