Save multiple BarTender documents to a Different Version Automatically
When working in a mixed BarTender environment running multiple licenses and different versions of BarTender or when planning out a transition to a newer version of BarTender, it may be useful to set up BarTender to save documents for a specific version of BarTender.
This article will go over the process of configuring BarTender to save btw files in your desired version.
BarTender 2016 and later(Automation Edition or higher)
There are several different ways that saving BarTender documents in a specific btw version can be achieved.
Set Default btw File Version
From within BarTender Designer you can configure BarTender to save in a specific btw file version by default. In order to do so you will need to click on "Administer > BarTender document setup" and set the desired version in the dialog:
Automatically Save Multiple Documents to a Specific btw File Version from the Command Prompt
- Backup and make a copy of your documents.
- Copy all BarTender documents into a new folder somewhere on your system.
- As in the previous section set the default btw file verison to the desired option.(BarTender Designer > Administer > BarTender document setup
- Uncheck the option "warn when saving older documents to a newer version" and click ok
- Open a Windows command prompt and change the directory to the BarTender installation folder(where [BarTender Version] corresponds to installed BarTender version):
cd C:\Program Files\Seagull\[BarTender Version]
- Run the command(where [document folder] corresponds to the path of the folder containing the btw files to convert):
bartend.exe /F="[document folder]*.btw" /S /X