Error connecting database with Progress ODBC: "Insufficient Information to connect to the Data Source". Follow
The following (or similar) error might appear when trying to connect to a Progress database via ODBC.
“ERROR [HY000][DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver]Insufficient information to connect to the data source"
BarTender v2016 32-bits (or higher version)
Progress OpenEdge 10.2B Driver
The problem is that the Progress ODBC DSN configuration dialog does not provide an option to save the password needed for the connection. Thus, the connection fails.
1. Close BarTender.
2. Open registry editor (regedit.exe from a command prompt)
3. Create a backup of your current registry.
By going to the "File > Export" menu in Regedit, selecting a file name and a folder and making sure that the "Export Range" is set to "All"
4. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI
5. Click on the DSN name - domdata
6. Add a new string value named "Password" and set value as the actual password.
7. Close registry editor.
8. Re open BarTender and try the connection.
If this does not make a difference please repeat the steps but replace step 5 with this:
Alternatively for step 5, add a string value named "PWD" and set value as the actual password.