Excel Data with Decimal Place Not Appearing in BarTender
An Excel file has data in a column where the cells are formatted as the Number data type and fixed at a certain decimal place (ex. 1.0, 2.0, etc.)
However, when you connect the Excel spreadsheet to BarTender, either the value is resolved to a single integer, or, in other cases, the number does not appear at all.
- BarTender Designer
Verify the category of the Cell which contains the decimal value:
- Right click on the cell in question
- Select Format Cells...
- Under Number > Category make sure it is set to Number and verify the Decimal places:
- Make sure that this setting is correct for all cells with a number containing decimal places
If this was already set then you will need to see below for resolution steps in your BarTender document(.btw).
It is important to note that Microsoft Excel is not a true database. The data type for each cell is not clearly specified by default. When BarTender connects to the Excel file and the datatype for a cell isn't set explictly the cell type will default to text.
- Right click on the Object referencing the Excel field and select Properties...
- Under Data Sources select the item in question
- Click on the Data Type tab
- Make sure Type is set to Number and Precision is set to the desired number of decimal places
- Do this for all Data Sources referencing decimal numbers