Invalid password for Print Portal Service Account prompt during BarTender Installation
During BarTender Print Portal installation, prompt appears to inform that "A user account called IIS_WEBPRINT already exists on this computer" and prompts for the account's password. The entered password is invalid or you do not know where to obtain the password for this account.
- BarTender Installer, with BarTender Print Portal feature selected
- BarTender 2016 and later
The issue can be resolved by resetting the password to the IIS_WEBPRINT account.
1. Go to Control Panel > User Accounts > Manage User Accounts
2. Under "Users" tab, select the IIS_WEBPRINT account
3. Click "Reset Password" and specify a new password for the account (this password change should take effect immediately)
4. Enter the new specified password for IIS_WEBPRINT account within the Print Portal Service Account prompt window to successfully finish the BarTender installation process