Integration Platform and Print Scheduler not Running after Idling for a Period of Time
- Integration error message failed execute print command script action.
- BarTender service logs show BarTender engine couldn't be started messages.
- Issue seems to only occur in the morning when they start printing at the beginning of the day. This has happened the past two days so far. They have to restart the server to continue printing.
- BarTender 2016
- Integration Platform
- Print Scheduler Service
How to Resolve the Issue
In order to help resolve this issue, you'll need to configure the Print Scheduler Service Instance configuration file to use a static amount of BarTender engines rather than have it dynamically scale. This also ensures that the static engines stay on instead of starting/stopping dynamically based upon the print job load.
To resolve this issue:
- Navigate to the BarTender 2016 install (default is C:\Program Files\Seagull\BarTender Suite for the 64-bit version).
- Create a new folder and name it "Backup"
- Copy and Paste the PrintScheduler.Service.exe.Instance.config file into that "Backup" folder. We now have a backup of this file should we need to revert to default settings.
- Complete steps 1-4 in this article all about How to Configure Print Scheduler Settings. This is required before you proceed to step 5.
- Change the following parameters:
- Save the file
- Start the BarTender Print Scheduler Service
- Start the integration