Can Technical Support help me with Visual Basic (VB) scripting?
BarTender 2016 and later
BarTender's help system for VB scripting and use of the Script Editor will provide most people with all the help necessary to generate their own scripts. If you need additional assistance, Seagull Scientific technical support will help with the following problems:
- Where to find and apply the VB Script transform.
- Understanding how the Script Editor is used.
- Answering questions on BarTender's "built-in" scripting objects (functions added by Seagull Scientific to simplify certain common scripting tasks).
- Determining whether or not writing a script would help you solve a specific technical challenge.
However, because Visual Basic Script is a Microsoft product not well suited for novices, Seagull Scientific is not able to provide the following types of support:
- Teaching you how to become a programmer.
- Teaching Visual Basic.
- Helping to write scripts.
- Helping to "debug" scripts.
See below for additional guidance from our Help System topic regarding VB Scripting: