How do you manually configure the connection to the BarTender System Database?
Under certain circumstances, it may be necessary to manually configure the connection to the System Database by modifying the system database config file.
- Open the Windows Services list and stop the BarTender System Service.
- Open the Bartender System Service configuration file located in C:\ProgramData\Seagull\System\Service\Config.xml with a text editor. Also, you may want to copy and backup this file to another location in case you need to revert back.
- Remove the contents within the ConnectionString tag, so that you're left with the following:
- Data source - SQL Server name (eg. <server name>\<instance name>)
- User ID - User account for SQL authentication
- Password - Password for SQL authentication
- Initial Catalog - Name of the system database
- If Windows authentication is being used, the connection string must also contain Integrated Security=SSPI as one of the parameters. In this scenario, the user id and password parameters will not be required.
5. Start the Bartender System Service from the Windows Services list.
6. Optionally, you can go into Administration Console->System Database and/or run the System Database Setup wizard to confirm that you've correctly entered the connection string and connected to the desired database.