How to connect to an IBM Informix Database? Follow
How to you create a database connection to an IBM Informix database?
These are the minimum requirements to connect to an Informix database:
- BarTender 2016 or later
- Informix database v11.10 or later
- an IBM Informix driver matching the bitrate of your system and software
You can connect to an Informix database by doing the following
- Open BarTender Designer and create a new document
- Go to File > Database Connection Setup
- Click "Create new database connection"
- Select "IBM Informix"
- When entering the server name, you will need to follow this format:
So for example, your server might look like this: SRVQADB1:1527
The port number must be included during setup else the connection cannot be completed.