BarTender Technical Support Policies Follow
Our Technical Support staff consists of well-trained, friendly support agents around the world. All our agents read, write and speak English, but we also provide support in Spanish, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Chinese and more based on availability.
What is included with support?
|• Product Activation assistance|
|• Installation and configuration questions|
|• Issue diagnosis and support|
|• Post-sales support on the software capabilities and features|
Our Sales team is happy to assist with license purchases, upgrades and finding a BarTender reseller for you. For items not covered by support, please engage with a BarTender partner or our Professional Services team.
What is offered by Professional Services
|• Introductory and in-depth product training|
|• Consultation and implementation assistance|
|• Configuration and usage best practices|
|• Programming, coding, and integration design|
|• Custom label and template design|
Our Professional Services specialists are there to help you make the most of BarTender. Please reach out to your BarTender provider for more information or email ProfessionalServices@seagullscientific.com.
Standard Support business hours
- Americas | 6am - 6pm PST
- Monday to Thursday | 9am - 6pm CET
- Friday | 9am - 5pm CET
- APAC | 9am - 6pm CST
- Japan | 9am - 5pm JST
All offices observe local holidays. A full list of holiday closures can be found at www.SeagullScientific.com/about/holiday-closures
BarTender Support Plans
All BarTender users using a supported version of BarTender qualify for support. We offer several support packages to meet the needs of any business:
|Coverage Hours||Business hours||Business hours||24x7|
|Community & Knowledge Base||•||•||•|
|First-Reply Time Guarantee||-||1 business day||2 hours|
Escalation Prioritization to
|All||Purchased Editions||Enterprise and Automation|
- A Standard Support plan is included with an active BarTender Software Maintenance contract for your BarTender license. 30-day Trial licenses also benefit from Standard Support coverage during the Trial period.
- Buy a Premium Support plan by adding a Premium Support add-on to your existing BarTender Software Maintenance contract (check with Sales or your BarTender partner for further information on how to purchase this add-on).
- The Free Support Plan is offered to those customers running with the Free Edition of BarTender, or for customers that are on a supported version but without an active maintenance and support contract. There is no guaranteed response times for Free Support plan and you only have access to Email channel and the knowledge base.
If you'd like information on upgrading your support plan for your BarTender license, contact your BarTender reseller or alternatively our sales team.
What versions of BarTender are supported?
Find below a table containing the list of the most recent BarTender versions and their support status.
|BarTender Version||Release Date||End of Support Date||Status|
|BarTender 2021||2 November 2020||*||Supported|
|BarTender 2019||8 April 2019||2 November 2024||Supported|
|BarTender 2016||11 Nov 2015||8 April 2023||Supported|
* EOS date for BarTender 2021 will be announced once our next major release of BarTender is available.
The following observations apply:
- Full coverage for technical support assistance is only guaranteed if you're running your copy of BarTender on a supported Windows version.
- Assistance will be offered on BarTender Activation issues even if the BarTender license is no longer supported (only for BarTender licenses with a software activated product key code).
- At this time, the oldest version of BarTender that is still supported is BarTender 2016.
All support issues are triaged and assigned a priority. Your current support plan and ticket priority will be communicated to you as part of the qualification process, giving you the chance to disagree with the assigned priority or to upgrade your support plan to improve your support experience.
|Urgent||Critical issues that have caused production printing failures in one or more facilities|
|High||Intermittent issues affecting production printing or urgent issues where a workaround has been found|
|Normal||Issues that do not affect production|
|Low||Routine questions and usability issues|
Printer Driver Support
We provide support for our free Drivers by Seagull™ only when used together with BarTender, including the Free Edition.