You moved your BarTender label (.BTW) file to a new computer and now the Named Database Connection is missing. A new Database Connection Wizard dialog opens instead. It's as if no database connection was configured.
BarTender 2021 and later.
In previous versions of BarTender, you would get an error if the Named Database Connection was missing.
However, in BarTender 2021 no error message is displayed. Instead, the database connection wizard just opens up as if you're configuring the connection for the first time.
Recreate the Named Database Connection
In order to resolve this issue, you will need to recreate the Named Database Connection on the new computer. You can accomplish this in one of two ways:
- Create a new connection using the Database Connection Wizard in BarTender Designer. An option is offered to make your new connection a Named Database Connection during this process.
- Alternatively, Named Database connections can be created in Administration Console by going to the Database Connections tab on the left-hand toolbar and selecting Add...
Copy the Named Database Connection from your Old Computer
If you would like to copy your Named Database Connection from one computer to another without having to recreate it, you can do so manually using the following instructions:
- Using the File Explorer in Windows, navigate to the folder C:\ProgramData\Seagull\Database Connections.
- Look for the desired Named Database Connection (.XML) file.
- Copy the file to the same directory on your new computer.
- Restart BarTender after the change is made.