Welcome to the BarTender Community, your place to connect with your peers to learn, share, and collaborate. We want everyone to be part of our community and have their voice heard.
“Community” refers to any place on the Seagull Scientific Support Portal where you can post. This includes all of the Community Topics and comments section.
Read through these policies before posting or commenting; all users are expected to be familiar with them and will be held accountable for following them.
We support an open and friendly environment in our community. To maintain that environment, we ask you to be respectful of one another and Seagull Scientific, act with good intentions, and use good judgment, and assume that others are doing the same. You are responsible for your own actions while participating in this community.
Here are some things to remember in the community:
- Be respectful, friendly, and sincere
- Use appropriate tone and language - be nice, don't use foul or inappropriate language
- Encourage others, especially new users
- Share your knowledge about BarTender
- Ask for help and help others
- Provide constructive, helpful answers and feedback
- Give enough detail when asking questions, including all relevant information such as product version, operating system, printer and printer driver version, database platform, etc.
- Since most of this content is user generated, Seagull Scientific makes no claims as to the accuracy or reliability of any material submitted by users. You should always remember to use sound judgment when following the advice of others.
- Relax and have fun!
Here are some things we do not permit in the community:
- For your own safety, do not share your BarTender Product Key Codes or Support Numbers. Please be aware this is an public space visible to all; sharing this information might result in a fraudulent use of your BarTender license.
- Do not include file attachments or shared links in your posts. Sharing your BarTender data and logs, or any other files is openly discouraged and will result on the removal of said content, warning and subsequent banning if this behavior is repeated;
- Do not post your contact information or email address in the community. This is a publicly visible forum. We recommend that you don’t post any information that may identify you or anyone else, such as your address, email address or phone number. Do also not solicit community members for their personal or contact information for any reason.
- Do not post or link to information that is deceptive, fraudulent, threatening, libelous, harassing or hateful;
- Do not insult or harass anyone. Respectfully disagreeing with someone, including the Seagull Scientific community team, in a constructive, respectful, well-reasoned manner is okay and we welcome a civil discussion. However, it is not appropriate to use the Seagull Scientific's Community Forum as an outlet for your anger or frustration. Unconstructive, toxic, profane, or generally abusive comments will lead to removal from our Community;
- Do not post or link to offensive or inappropriate content or content intended to be inflammatory;
- Do not post or link to content that promotes or encourages illegal activities, sexual services or products, or pornography;
- Do not post or link to viruses, bots, worms, trojan horses, or other malicious software, or utilize the community to post, link to, generate, distribute or promote any kind of spam;
- Do not post or link to content that violates anyone’s intellectual property rights (including copyright, patent, trademark, publicity, moral and other property or proprietary rights) or which you do not have the right to post or link to. You may link to other community content or publicly available Seagull Scientific documentation if appropriately attributed and relevant;
- Do not post or link to content that violates any person’s privacy rights;
- Do not post on behalf of other users without their express permission;
- Do not post or link to confidential information of Seagull Scientific, its partners, affiliates or vendors, or any third party;
- Do not misrepresent yourself or lie about your identity or affiliation or falsely imply any association or sponsorship by Seagull Scientific;
- Do not solicit community members for commercial purposes other than those related to BarTender users interacting with BarTender partners for help or implementation assistance with BarTender.
- Do not spam the community. Please don't spam. Spamming is the use of messaging systems to send multiple unsolicited messages to large numbers of recipients for the purpose of commercial advertising, for the purpose of non-commercial proselytizing, for any prohibited purpose or simply sending the same message over and over. If you are reported or deemed to be a spammer, you may be banned from the Seagull Scientific Community Forums;
- Do not advise other community members to contact Seagull Scientific Support unless they are posting about a bug or billing issue;
- Do not post or link to content that disparages Seagull Scientific, its vendors, partners, or affiliates;
- Do not utilize or interact with the community in any way that violates the Seagull Scientific End User License Agreement that you have agreed to when installing BarTender.
We reserve the right to immediately remove any posts that do not conform to this Community Forums Usage Policy. We also reserve the right to temporarily or permanently suspend or bar a user who violates this Community Forums Usage Policy.
To report behavior or content that violates or is inconsistent with this Community Forums Usage Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.