The table object is a grid that can be placed on your label template with a configurable number of rows and columns. Use the table object when you want to print information in a table format. Tables are commonly used to better organize the layout of your label or print multiple records per template.
BarTender 2019 and later
Table Behaviour and Properties
- Table data can include other template objects.
- Table object can also contain dynamic data, such as database records or data that is returned from a Visual Basic Script.
- The table object is dynamic. The rows and columns are resized automatically at print time in response to the size and presence of the objects that are contained within the table cells. When populated by dynamic data, the number of rows and columns also adapts to accomodate the data that is merged with the document when it is printed.
Adding a Table Object to Your Template
- On the object toolbar, click the icon to display the table options. Alternatively, click Table on the Create menu.
- Drag the pointer across the interactive cell selector panel to highlight the number of rows and columns that you want, then click the selector panel. Alternatively, click Insert Table, specify the number of rows and columns that you want by using the Insert Table dialog, and then click OK.
- Click the template at the location where you want to add the table object.
- Open the Table Properties dialog to configure the object. To do this, double-click the object. Alternatively, use the secondary mouse button to click the object and then click Properties.
Creating Tables that Use Dynamic Data
Reference the following article for information on how to achieve this: How to Print Multiple Records Per Template Using a BarTender Table Object Linked to a Database
When you add the dynamic data table to the template by using the Create Table from Database option on the object toolbar, BarTender automatically assigns default table data templates to the table rows. The Table Header template is added to the first row when the connected database includes header fields, and the Data template is added for the row that automatically repeats for each data record when the item is printed.