Connecting to a License Server with Multiple Network Interfaces Follow
The license server appears to be functioning correctly and the server and client machines are on the same local network and the license sharing settings are correct. However, clients are unable to see the license server and the Licensing section of the client's Administration Console shows the wrong IP in use for the license server.
BarTender 2019 and later
BarTender license host is installed on a system with multiple Network Interfaces
To verify if your BarTender license server is active on the correct network adapter you can do the following:
- Ensure you are on the license server
- Open the BarTender Administration Console
- Navigate to the Licensing section as seen here and locate the Current License Server in the License Servers section and make note of the IP Address:
- Ensure that (local) is listed next to this, otherwise you may not be on the license server.
- Compare this with the IP listed in the details for the active Network Adapter in windows. This information is generally found via the following steps: Start Menu > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Click the text next to 'connections' for the network adapter desired > Details > Find 'IPv4 Address' in the list of information.
- Check to see if this matches the IP of the current license server. If it does not, but still notes (local) at the end then it is likely that another network adapter in the system is being used.
- Choose the Add License Server option and enter the IP address (169.xxx.xxx.xxx) of the correct network adapter from the diagnosis steps above, and then press Check:
- You should see a message saying License server found at [Entered IP]:[Port]. If you see this, press Add.
- This will update the license server to use the IP tied to the correct network card, which should allow the license server to be fully accessible on the network.
- This can be seen in the example, where the IP is now the IP for the correct network adapter, in this case, one starting with a 192.168-based IP