The BarTender Mobile App allows you to print using local printers connected to the phone via Bluetooth or IP. The printers must be configured prior to use with Print Portal and/or BarTender Cloud. They can be automatically discovered after connecting the printers to the phone or manually entered on the printer configuration menu.
With Print Portal, not all printers are natively supported but can be supported by installing the driver on the Print Portal server. See How can you tell if a printer is supported by default for more information. With BarTender Cloud, this is not required. BarTender Cloud utilizes an universal Seagull Driver for native printing or PDF-based driverless printing.
- BarTender Mobile App
- BarTender Print Portal 2021 or later
- BarTender Cloud
Print Portal employs driverless printing to print to any printer if it's not installed on the server. Installing the driver on the server will always give you the best quality prints, but you can still print to a client printer without the driver being installed.
How to find the Printer Settings page
- Tap the icon
- Tap the Refresh icon to manually Detect Printers.
Printer autodetection happens in the background while the app is running. This process detects printers that are connected to the device itself through one of two services:
- Internet Printing Protocol (IPP), available on both iOS and Android
- AirPrint, available on iOS only
Any printer found via autodetection will show up on the printer management page without any extra work from you. They will automatically be configured and supported for printing with the app.
Removing an autodetected printer
As autodetected printers are automatically added to the list, you cannot remove or edit the printer in the app. Instead, remove the printer from the IPP configuration or from AirPrint.
Once the printer has been removed from the system, either wait for the list to refresh or tap the "tap to detect printers" button to refresh the list manually.
Adding a printer manually
In addition to having the app automatically detect printers, you can also add them manually. Any printer manually added will need to be supported. For more information, see How can you tell if a printer is supported by default.
1. To add a printer manually, tap the icon next to Add Printer.
Adding a Bluetooth printer
To add a Bluetooth printer, you will need to ensure your Bluetooth is turned on.
- Connect your mobile device to your printer in your device's Bluetooth settings.
- When you return to the BarTender app, select Detect Printer and your printer should appear on the Printer Settings list.
Adding an IP printer
Unlike with other methods, you will need to know information about the printer to add it manually. This includes the manufacturer and model of the printer, the IP address, and the size of the physical media.
- Tap "Add network printer manually"
- Fill in the IP and the Port number
- Tap the dropdown to scroll through a list of common manufacturers. When you select a manufacturer's name, a second dropdown will appear for selecting the model of your printer
- Fill in the width and height of the physical media in your printer and optionally add the offset information.
- Tap Save to save the printer and add it to your list.
Removing manually added printers
1. Next to the name or IP address for a manually-added IP printer, tap the Trash Can icon on the Printer Settings screen to remove it from your list.
2. For Bluetooth printers, disconnect the printer in your Bluetooth settings. Back in the BarTender app, your print should be listed as Saved but not detected. Tap on the entry and click Forget.