In this article, we will explore how to create a new BarTender document using the Template Assistant in BarTender Cloud.
- Click the hamburger menu in the top left corner of the BarTender Cloud landing page and select Manage Files.
- Click the +New button and select Document from BarTender Template or click the BarTender Template button to launch the Template Assistant.
- A list of BarTender sample templates will be displayed when first opened. Filter the templates by selecting the Add a Filter button on the left or search for a specific template with the search bar on the right.
Each template is marked with the relevant industry, label description and label size in the template's default name.
- Click to select the desired template. If a template offers multiple sizes, you will see the stacked images and label sizes shown below the description.
After selecting the template, set-up the document by providing a unique name and choosing where it will be stored. Click Next to continue.
If the label you selected has multiple size options you will be able to select the size in the subsequent step:
The next section allows you to enable or skip the use of Data Entry Forms, which allows you to enter data at print time. Click Next to continue after making your selection.
Choose to skip or set up a connected database. For more information and limitations, see Configuring a Database Connection Using BarTender Cloud. Click Next after making your selection.
- Lastly, you can assign values to the various data sources on your document. There are two options:
- Static values will apply to all copies of a label, and can only be changed from print job to print job if Data Entry Forms are enabled.
- Database or dynamic values tie your data sources to your pre-configured database fields if you created a database connection in the previous step. You can automatically map your data sources to your database fields by clicking the Auto Map to Database Fields button.