User roles are customizable permissions that can be assigned to user accounts. This streamlines the workflow for account creation once the roles have been setup by allowing organizations to create multiple accounts with the same set of permissions in just a few steps.
This article will describe how to create, delete, and set permissions for user roles.
In order to access the User Roles settings you will need to follow the below steps:
- Click on the Hamburger menu icon in the top left of the screen:
- Select Manage Cloud Account at the bottom of the list on the left hand side.
- Select Roles in the list on the left hand side.
Create a New Role
- Click on the Create Role Button.
- Provide a name for the Role.
- Select the permissions to provide to this role.
- Click on the Create button.
Manage a Role
- In the Roles list, hover over the user to be worked on.
- Click on the three vertical dots that appear to the right of the role name.
- Select the desired administration option.
The available Administration options are:
- Edit: Change the name or permissions for the role.
- Delete: Delete the role.
- Manage Documents: Permissions to upload organize and manage files under Hamburger Menu > Manage Files.
- Print Access: Permission to print labels from Hamburger Menu > Print Console.
- API User: Permission to submit POST and PATCH requests from Action API scripts.