Using the Print Console
In BarTender Cloud printing is done via the Print Console.
This article goes over the interface for the Print Console and explains how to:
- View, sort, and search labels.
- Use the print/preview features.
- Manage the print settings.
Your account will need administrator, Manage Documents, or Print Access role permissions to perform the following steps. Click here for more info.
To access the Print Console follow the below steps:
- Click on the Hamburger menu icon in the top left of the screen:
- Click on Print Console at the top of the list on the left hand side.
- Folder Navigator: To the left of the screen is a hierarchical list which corresponds to your folder structure
- Menubar: At the top is a tools menu with options for changing how folder contents are displayed, grouped and sorted as well as a refresh button to reload the page and a searchbox to search for labels by name.
- Browser: In the middle of the screen is a grid which contains the contents of the selected folder or if a search is performed it contains the results.
Printing and Print Preview
Clicking on any of the labels in the Print Console will show the print screen from which the label can be printed:
On the left side are the print controls and on the right is a preview of the label design.
- Printer: Choose the printer to be used for printing.
- Serial Numbers: Indicate how many serialnumbers should be counted.
- Copies per Serial Number: Indicate the number of copies for each serial number.
- Cancel button: Cancel the print operation and return to the document browser.
- Preview button: See a preview of the print job.
- Print button: Initiate the print job.
If the BarTender Print Gateway is not yet installed on your local machine a notification will appear above the Print Controls, as shown in the screenshot above, recommending that you install this via the install button. You can find more information about Print Gateway in the following article: Installing and Configuring the BarTender Print Gateway
The Print settings provide options for personalizing the Print Console.
To access to print settings follow the below steps:
- Click on the Hamburger menu icon in the top left of the screen.
- Click on Settings at the bottom of the list on the left hand side.
- Select the Printing Tab.
Options include various settings for Print Console behavior during and after printing as well as when navigating the Print Console interface and settings for showing or hiding interface elements and functionality.