The Cloud REST API allows users with the Automation Subscription type to automate their Cloud environment using RESTful calls. Using four available APIs, users can automate everything from managing documents to security settings, printer information, and creating print jobs.
REST API Requirements
- Subscription: Automation
- Sending application: Custom, Insomnia, Postman
- Uses token authentication
- Custom applications can use OAuth for authentication
- Curl, C#, and .NET languages are supported for custom applications
- Certain API calls may require an account with administrator or Actions API Administrator role permissions, such as submitting POST and PATCH requests for Action API scripts. Click here for more info on creating and managing user roles.
The REST API resides entirely on the Cloud servers and is called by a client, be that a custom application or a RESTful application like Insomnia or Postman. The Client is required to authenticate using a token before it can pass through the Authentication Gate and make RESTful calls.
For more information on how to retrieve your token, see Cloud REST API authentications and tokens.
For information on how applications connect and use this token, see Cloud REST API application types.
For an overview of available APIs and what they can do, see What APIs are available in the Cloud REST API?
For more extensive information, including application examples and API RESTful call lists, see the automation section in the Cloud help file.