BarTender 2016 Slow Follow

3
Avatar
Kelvin Wong

I am a BarTender users since version 9.4. Lately we upgrade to version 2016.

I personally feel that the new version is taking more CPU resources compare to the existing version.  On top of that, I also keep on getting "Application Not Responding".

Anyone having the same feeling?

Thanks.

//Kelvin

5 comments

0
Avatar
Joseph Krauss
Comment actions Permalink

I agree this version is very slow and does crash or present the "Application Not Responding" message. I tried applying the R4 release hoping it would resolve my end-user issue, but no luck in fixing the problems or speed.

0
Avatar
ARSHIYA ANJUM
Comment actions Permalink

What are the reasons for slowness issue in Bartender 2016,Do any one have any idea about this?

 

0
Avatar
ARSHIYA ANJUM
Comment actions Permalink

we have upgraded Bartender 10.1 version to Bartender 2016 from after that we are facing slowness issue and the server is very slow and for transferring the files it is taking lot of time,May i know what are the reasons for slowness and how it can be resolved

 

0
Avatar
Daniel Törnstam
Comment actions Permalink

HI all,we have upgraded Bartender 10.1 version to Bartender 2016  because we got an slow response on 10.1 sr4 but the issue got solved only on one laptop that I know of, there it was depending on what charger was connected to said laptop. other desktop pc still have this issue, we use den intermec pc43t labelprinter. from honeywell and their version of 2016. no response from Bartender support on this?

0
Avatar
Per Bauer
Comment actions Permalink

We had this problem and got great help from Bartender Support. I suggest you submit a ticket. 

The problem we faced was because of that "BT 2016 Automation" looks more carefully and is more vigilant when it comes to the trigger file. By trigger file I mean the file that gets saved to a folder by some software and where BT Automation picks it up and prints it. The header row in the trigger file was not created exactly as instructed in the BT documentation. After fixing the data fields in our btw-files to correspond exactly to a correctly formatted trigger file we got up to speed on 2016. 

I guess our problem was quite different from what is written in this thread, since ours was about Automation, but I thought I'd put in a comment anyway, perhaps it can help someone somewhere sometime...

Please sign in to leave a comment.