EDIT: conducted a test overnight, revised post with new information.
I have a Server 2019 running a new installation of Bartender 2022 R4, and has more than adequate resources. The server is running a single integration, that outputs 20-30 prints a day. It is working well for the most part.
Due to user's complaints regarding delayed printing, I have set up a Cron job that triggers the integration every 20 minutes, and let it run overnight. In order to rule out network and printers-related issues, I've used Bartender's own PDF printer as target.
The results are interesting - the first print job of every hour is delayed by exactly 43 seconds:
Is anyone familiar with this issue?
P.S. - this server does not have Internet access. Could this be related? I.e. it tries to communicate with Seagull servers, for example, and hangs until connection times out?
Welcome to the BarTender Community Forums.
Integration issues can be tricky to troubleshoot; Are there any changes to this delay if you modify the number of copies sent or the printer these are being sent to?
And if you use BarTender Designer when printing, do you notice any delay or is it instantaneous?
I am sending only a single word, and a single copy, to Bartender's internal PDF printer.
When using BarTender Designer, printing is instantaneous.
Thanks for trying it out. I presume this test was carried out on the same server without access to the internet, right? If so, we can rule out that being the cause of this, as there is no delay when printing via BarTender Designer.
Could you verify whether the BarTender Print Scheduler Service is set to "Automatic (Delayed Start)"? If not, we would recommend turning that option on, as this has proven sometimes to aid with the print job reaction time on integrations.
Let's see if that has an impact on those 43 seconds :)0
Issue seems to be resolved.
As I already mentioned, this server has no Internet access, yet it was continuously trying to communicate with external Seagull-related hosts.
Once I removed the DNS configuration (DNS is not needed in my implementation), and unchecked the 'automatically detect' proxy setting - the server started performing as it should.
Xabier - it would be great if you could discuss this with your development teams, as I am certain I'm not the only one affected by this issue.0
Please sign in to leave a comment.