Linking Multiple Dbs (One From A Trigger, One Static Csv) Follow
I have a label that currently is printed via a dropfile. The drop file specifies that it is to be used as the database connection for the label (using the /D CLI option). This process has worked wonderfully for well over a year.
The problem we have now is that I need to tie some additional information coming from an entirely separate system into these label prints. This data will live in a single CSV file that will be updated daily. Its not possible to merge this data into the system that generates the dropfile.
So ultimately what I need is this ... a way to have the dropfile still be used for the 98% of data coming out of the primary business system, but to have a static CSV file on the D:\ drive of my server used for the other 2% coming from the supplemental system.
Is this possible? Thanks for your advice.
Fernando Ramos MiracleModerator
Please sign in to leave a comment.