Passing Data Into A Labelformatdocument Object Via The Substrings Array Follow
using bartender 9.4
- via Visual Studio 2010
- prepared the btw file using the "Bartender Enterprise Automation - Trial"
* managed to create "Named Sub-Strings" for the text objects on the label
- includeing a QRCode object, that is trying to assemble contents from 2 of the text items
- the application is able to create teh engine, and the LabelFormatDocument object
- There is an implication that just setting the the substrings in the format will print that data on the label
Dim btFormat As LabelFormatDocument = btEngine.BtEngine.Documents.Open(ssoSysSettings.BartenderFinishedGoodsLabelFormatFile)
btFormat.SubStrings("LotNumber").Value = Me.LotNumber
btFormat.SubStrings("ItemShortName").Value = Me.ManufacturedItem.ITMSHNAM
btFormat.SubStrings("ItemNumber").Value = Me.ManufacturedItem.ITEMNMBR
btFormat.SubStrings("ProductDescription").Value = Me.ManufacturedItem.ITEMDESC
* The above does not update the btFormat object and the resulting label only prints the graphic and an empty QRCode
How is a label supposed to be formatted to allow an application to load data into it for printing?
- Please provide a tutorial to accomplish this.