Barcode And Human Readable Text Not Printing
We've been using BarTender for a number of years now, and this is first time we've come across this issue.
Basically, we're printing batches of product labels, each with serialised barcodes and human readable text displayed. It appears that after printing a number of labels successfully (usually 10 or 11), the barcode and readable text stop being printed. What we know so far is:
- This only happens if the Print Method (i.e. object's properties > Symbology and Size > Print Method) options "Barcodes and human readable text controlled by BarTender" or "Barcodes controlled by the printer and text controlled by BarTender" are set. In the second case, only the text is affected with the barcode printing and scanning correctly
- Changing properties such as barcode dimensions, symbology or text font and size have no effect
- Nor does changing the Print > Object Print Method > TrueType Text option to Raster Graphics
For some context:
- We are using the Automation edition of BarTender with version 10.0 SR4 and build 2868 installed
- The printer being used is the Zebra S4M (300 dpi) - ZPL. Drivers have been updated to latest available - version: 7.4.1
Any ideas what's happening?
Are you printing directly within the BarTender application when this happens, or via some indirect means? Have you tried performing a factory default reset on the printer? How is the printer connected to the PC? What type of cable? Try changing how and with what the printer is connected to try to isolate the issue.
The below should also be helpful:
To answer your questions: we normally print through the SDK, but the issue is reproducible when printing directly within BarTender. And we connect via USB (USB A-B cable).
Factory resetting the printer hasn't helped, nor has using a different connection (serial) or different PC (to cover all bases).
Whilst we don't get the issue when printing with different printers (Xerox laser printers or PDF printers for example), my guess is that it's the template. We print using the Zebra label printer with many different, but similar, templates, and it's only with this particular template that we're getting the problem. With that logic in mind, I've tried recreating the template to no avail.
Hope that helps.0
This could be printer driver corruption. I suggest you run the DriverWizard from the v7.4.1 driver, and choose to remove all drivers by Seagull. After that completes reboot the computer, to ensure a total clean slate, and then reinstall the driver and try printing again. Quite often take such an approach will clear up any unexplainable printing issue such as this.0
As a Bartender user, we faced same problem during printing EAN13 barcodes. At the first post, it was mentioned that the printing method causing this issue. When "Barcodes controlled by the printer and text controlled by BarTender" the area between security bars is protected to printing.
If you design your human readable between security bars(we need to print bars a bit longer than the barcode main area), the matched area is cut. I switch the printing method and select both barcode and human readable is controlled by printer and the problem seems solved.
Thank you both for the topic.0
Please sign in to leave a comment.