Print Portal label query prompt not showing data Follow

1
Avatar
Jeff Singler

I have designed a label and am accessing data from an MSSQL data source and I used a custom sql query to read the information.  I have designed the labels text and barcode fields and it works great.  I even created a query prompt to be a placeholder in a where clause so the user could enter in some text to search for the proper object.  It all works like a charm inside the designer.  Trouble is when entering the text into the query prompt from the print portal it displays no data.  I start by going to the web print portal, select the desired label template, click print preview and the prompt opens. I enter text and then it shows nothing.  I looked every where for some kind of setup or permission thing I may need to pass but I have found nothing.  Any ideas?

This is the print portal after I enter the text.

This is the designer after I enter the same text.

3 comments

0
Avatar
Jeff Singler
Comment actions Permalink

Anybody out there have any ideas?

0
Avatar
Pete Thane
Comment actions Permalink

I would suggest pinging an email through to the Tech Support team rather than use this user forum, but I am guessing it will be due to permissions for the user account (IIS?) that runs the Print Portal application.

Not sure if this helps but it maybe a similar situation

https://support.seagullscientific.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360033594454-PrintPortal-ODBC-login

1
Avatar
Jeff Singler
Comment actions Permalink

I appreciate your response, I did ultimately figure this out and forgot about this posting.  The issue I finally found technically was a permissions problem in the sense that the database configuration in bartender for the label designer, was using windows authentication.  I have a sql user I setup for this but it turns out it was never using it.  I think I have stumbled upon a bug(not sure), that after I create a DB set and configure it and set the authentication for it I cannot go back and change it.  Every time I would enter the sql user account and click save it would work but that is because naturally the windows account already worked, thus I was fooled into thinking it was working.  I finally discovered it was not saving my authentication change.  I had to completely remove and re-create the DB connection with the sql user and that kept the authentication and now the print portal web page works as it should.

Please sign in to leave a comment.