First integration project: read a CSV file and print labels Follow

0

I'm not sure what happened as I was getting prints in test mode as well as simulated prints. But suddenly i'm not getting simulated prints or even seeing print jobs in the printer queue.

How do I troubleshoot this as I'm new to integration builder?

 

6 comments

0
Avatar
Peter Thane
Comment actions Permalink

What is the Read File command doing? 

If the data is contained in the trigger file then that should not be required as the data will be tagged as %EventData% as a variable 

0
Avatar
Benjamin Wright
Comment actions Permalink

I guess I do see the file detection step covers all that, I thought maybe the read step went missing on me when things stopped working.

my expectation though is that our power app will drop a file into a folder with several logistics labels that need to be printed in duplicate and that it will rename that file after processing it as a log of sorts.

so the transform step does this:

I didn't set anything on the for each database record step, i don't know if it's an issue but it won't generate me a preview image on the document tab of the print document step:

Only set printer and copies on the print options tab:

I've got my named data sources set to variables (I know they are case sensitive and mostly have been twiddling with the variables as I've forgotten fields on my label)

And I haven't set anything on the query prompts or action tabs.

I can't figure out why it's not showing me the simulated print though, even after waiting a minute or so for it to render.:

it looks like it processes it but won't render for me:

If I disable the simulated print I did just see a job flip through the print queue but haven't verified with the printer just yet.

There is  a VPN tunnel that the print job needs to travel through between my bartender server and the printer so I guess that explains the delay in the print time as I noticed that the print portal has a lag in printing to the printer in our other building but is much faster with our printers on the same LAN.

 

0
Avatar
Peter Thane
Comment actions Permalink

For the Transforms action I normally have it configured like this:

On the Document tab, if you browse to your label then that would normally pull through all the fields on the label that you have given a name to, although sometimes you may need to use the import button to refresh this. 

For my test label the fields can be seen here:

In this test the trigger file does not contain headers and so they just pick up as Field1, Field2 etc and so the Named Data Source screen ends up looking like this

 

 

0
Avatar
Benjamin Wright
Comment actions Permalink

i made that adjustment and i'm still seeing the same thing.

I did notice this error... what should i look at with Printer Maestro?

0
Avatar
Peter Thane
Comment actions Permalink

Not sure, you may need to raise a ticket with the support team for this.

One thing you could try is running the Integration under a specific user account that has full admin permissions for all network devices and locations (via the Print Document > Action tab)  as normally this runs under a local system account which sometimes does not have sufficient privileges to access certain network locations and resources in full.

0
Avatar
Benjamin Wright
Comment actions Permalink

I figured I might be quickly approaching the time to reach out to support with a ticket. I've had some weird things happen but I'm on 2021 r8. So maybe something new just cropped up.

Thanks for the help Pete! I'll reply here with the results when I speak with them.

Please sign in to leave a comment.