"get Field Names" Equivalent In Automation Seguir

0
Avatar
Legacy Poster

Im using a txt file as a database for bartender.
If i add a field in front of existing fields the wrong field is printed. the reason for this is bartender uses field numbers and not field names in txt files.
If the user goes to the database connection and presses the "Get Field Names" button it fixes itself
is there any way i could avoid this problem it should fix itself maybe vie a VB script to run before printing etc.

Could i do this in activeX or .net if this is the case i would have someone write a small utilety to run when ever i know there is changes to the txt file to automatically update all my BTW files

5 comentarios

0
Avatar
Ian Cummings
Moderador
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

In BarTender with the document loaded open the "Print" dialog and under the "Options" sub-tab tick the "Refresh Database(s)" check box. Save the document to make sure this setting is retained.

Here is the text from the BarTender Help system for this item: "Refreshes the database connection at the start of every print job. When selected, this option validates that the tables and fields used to design the template are still present, and that the field order has not changed. This is supported for OLE DB and ODBC databases, as well as text databases where the fields names are read from the text file. Any problems that you may encounter should be corrected using the Database Connection Setup dialog."
0
Avatar
Legacy Poster
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

[quote name='Ian C - Seagull Support' timestamp='1353315755' post='3736']
In BarTender with the document loaded open the "Print" dialog and under the "Options" sub-tab tick the "Refresh Database(s)" check box. Save the document to make sure this setting is retained.

Here is the text from the BarTender Help system for this item: "Refreshes the database connection at the start of every print job. When selected, this option validates that the tables and fields used to design the template are still present, and that the field order has not changed. This is supported for OLE DB and ODBC databases, as well as text databases where the fields names are read from the text file. Any problems that you may encounter should be corrected using the Database Connection Setup dialog."
[/quote]


I'm using ver 7 and setting "Refresh Database(s)" is not helping for this issue.

I also tried with a trial ver 9 but Refresh Database is grayed out and cant be checked, i don't know why
0
Avatar
Ian Cummings
Moderador
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

I would suggest you try with the latest v10 SR2 if possible as I think we made some improvements in this area over the years.
0
Avatar
Legacy Poster
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Using v10 SR2 with the Database being a Text file.

 

When chnages are made to the Text file fields they are not detected by BarTender even with the "Validate database field names" checked. Instead we need to manualy press the "Refresh Field Names" button on the Database setup dialog every time a field change is done in the text file.

 

Was this fixed in a subsquent SR or is there something else I might be missing.

 

Thanks

0
Avatar
Ian Cummings
Moderador
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Not sure off the top of my head, but in any case the latest (SR4) is highly recommended to be installed anyway.

 

http://www.seagullscientific.com/label-software/fixes_101.aspx

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.