Commander - Xmlscript Usage フォローする
I am attempting to use commander to process data. Here is what I am doing:
1. Within my application I create documents and save them. I write a trigger file to a specific directory. The trigger file has no data or garbage data within it. It’s just a text file used for detection.
a. Detects the file TriggerFile.DCM (my initials)
b. Deletes the trigger file
c. Runs a SQL script which in turn creates an XML file ‘TriggerFile.xml’
d. Runs BartenderXML script (for the trigger file)
This does not work. Invalid at top level of the document. By a process of elimination here is what I found:
1. If I put a valid XML script in the triggerfile.dcm file the system would process label printing. However if the triggerfile.dcm file has a XML script to tell it to print part A, and the step 2c above created an XML file to print parts B, C and D – guess what – it prints only part A.
In summary, the problem is that at the time the trigger file is created, I do not know the XML script I want to run. I am relying on Commander to call the script to run to create the XML file. Commander does not use the current file triggerfile.xml – but the original triggerfile.dcm contents for triggering commander is used.
So here is what I want to do:
1. Trigger commander by writing a txt or any extension file to a directory.
2. Run a SQL command line to create an XML script file.
3. Process the XML script file.
If I use commander in 2 steps – run one commander process and stop it and then run a second commander process, everything runs fine because the trigger file is then the XML script file I created in the first place. My only thought right now is to have 2 executables of Commander running at the same time (by renaming one of them).
Also – if instead of processing the /XMLScript=%TriggerContents% I could give it a specific file name, then I could also run this with no problem.
Need some ideas on how to accomplish what I need. I am on 9.4 SR3 version.