We currently have several Datamax-O'Neil I-4208s on our BarTender server. All our printers are currently connected in the same way. Each printer is LPT-connected to a computer, and that computer shares the printer on the network.
All of these printers have a NIC. We want to configure these printers using their NIC instead of LPT. Most of our printers have a DMXNet OPT78-2411-01 NIC and each of them has the same problems:
- Prints are very slow.
- It is very difficult to access the web management interface of the printer.
- When I do a ping test, I see a big variation between each packet and sometimes I even lose a packet from time to time.
Minimum = 2ms, Maximum = 1751ms, Average = 712ms
The problem occurs on all our NICs of the same model.
- The problem does not seem to come from the printers themselves.
- The rest of the network is stable.
- I changed network switch several times.
- I disabled all additional protocols without any improvement.
- I disabled bidirectional communication.
- I completely reset the printers and NICs.
I don't dare to update the printer's firmware too much because as mentioned on the Honeywell website it is specified not to carry out the most recent update if you want to use a NIC because it can result in it no longer being functional.
Any thoughts on this?