Windows 2012 Server - Bartender Cannot Connect To Seagull License Server 追蹤
We have a recurring problem on a Windows 2012 server.
- Periodically, a message appears on the machine stating :
BarTender: Warning Message #2401 Although BarTender cannot connect to Seagull License Server, your BarTender will continue to function normally for another 3 day(s). However, after this grace period ends, BarTender will refuse to print or export printer code templates until a connection with Seagull License Server is reestablished.
- If I go into BarTender, a message sometimes appears immediately and also randomly if the application is left open stating:
BarTender: Information Message #1418 BarTender has successfully connected to Seagull License Server.
It will then sometimes close that message and the other #2401 will appear again. Like it can find it, then cannot find it, etc..
- In BarTender, if I go to Administer > Licensing Setup and click the Test button, it sometimes takes up to 20s to successfully find the Seagull License server. Other times (usually after this first try) it finds it immediately and shows the success message.
- If I ever try to restart the license server by stopping it, it seems to stop but the license server window normally hangs (not responding), and an error message appears:
Seagull License Server: Error Message #3611 The Seagull License Server could not be started as a Windows service. Unknown Error.
I then try to start it using the green play button. It looks like it is starting it, but the same error appears again.
I then wait for the License Server window to respond again (not responding) and click the play button one more time. It starts immediately (almost like it was already running).
This only occurs on a
Windows Server 2012 Standard edition 64-bit OS
Bartender Enterprise Automation v10.1 SR4 build 2961
The License server and Bartender are on the same machine (not two different servers)
On the suggestion of Seagull IT, I have tried the following:
- unchecked the "Automatically Find Seagull License Server" checkbox
- Used an IP Address for the Server value
- Used a Machine name for the server value
- Changed the Port being used to 5183 or 5185 (from the 5160 value)
None of these have successfully fixed the problem.
In the Seagull License Server under Administer > Service Setup > Service Options, I found that the Startup Type was Automatic (Delayed Start), so I changed this to Automatic. This did not seem to help.
Also, under Administer > Service Setup > Run Options, the setting is Service. Should it be Application?
Does this version support Windows Server 2012 Standard?
Has anyone else seen this issue?
Any help would be appreciated. If you need more information, please let me know.