Select An Image To Print At Print Time
I have a label is there a way to setup a field to select an image on the data entry form when printing. Example label has a logo but would like to give user a chance to switch logos at print job time.
Create a picture object with a data sourced name. Create a list form control that acts as the user input for which image to print. Note that the name in the list can differ from the actual value set to the data source that the form control is linked to.0
How to create a picture object? I'm using Bartender 2016 (Pro) and need to create multiple ID cards. The user will add their name, DOB, employee no. and job title. I would then like them to be prompted to select a photo of themselves from a location of their choosing.0
knigget: Click on the picture object icon on the toolbar and choose one of the data sourced picture options. I suggest you watch some of the below videos for guidance.
Getting Started: https://youtu.be/TLR9qJ7iB44
Card Printer Setup: https://youtu.be/su_8TsQGRXI
Data Sources: https://youtu.be/FRcASc2CnD4
Data Entry Forms: https://youtu.be/7aap9EPtmjQ
List controls: https://youtu.be/dCmAzvPgcnk0
I've watched the videos. I have achieved the user being prompted to add:
I still cannot work out how to get them to click a button so they can browse any directory for any jpeg. Using the 'File Names in Folder' as the source, I can see the files but when I come to preview the form they are not selectable.
Perhaps somebody could post a btw file that does the same thing so I can examine and copy the methods used.0
You can create a list form control and set the data source to be files from a selected folder. This will allow the user to data source the picture to use by file name at print time.-1
Can you expand upon this last point? I'm trying to create a similar command in the data entry form for print time and cannot figure out how to connect my images to a list drop down.0
Hi Hannah, hopefully this will help:
- Create a simple file with you image file names in it (with or with the file extension)
- Add an image field onto your label using the "Get File Name from Data Source" option
- Adjust the Default Path of the field to the folder containing your images
- Click on the Sample Text Data Source in the left hand column and if you wish change the default value of this to something more relevant. If in 1, you have included the image file extension then skip to point 5, otherwise choose the Transforms tab and Prefix and Suffix and add a suffix for the file extension (eg .jpg)
- Now come out of the image field and go to your Data Entry Form and add a Dropdown List to your form
- Go into the Properties if the entry box and choose List Items from the left hand column and then on the new screen adjust the Source to External file and then browse to your file created in 1. above
- Now choose Text Label from the left hand column and change the "Select" statement to something more relevant (eg Pick Colour etc)
- Now from the Linked Data Source option on the left hand column choose from the list of items on your label the filed added in 2 above to link the entry to the label object and you are all done.
I have included a couple of screenshots to help0
This worked perfectly, thanks so much!0