Driver Install Cd Crashes 追蹤
We have recently began having problems with installing drivers to our Windows 2003 server using the Seagull Driver Wizard (via CD).
I open the CD application (Seen in BartenderCD_Driver1.jpg) and:
- Select 'Seagull Printer Drivers'
- Install Printer Driver
- On the popup, I select 'Install printer drivers'
- Click 'Browse', and locate the Zebra printer driver (this occurs for Datamax printers as well).
- Select the port (IP Address of the printer)
- Set the printer name and share name
- The view details screen pops up (seagull_driver.jpg)
- I click Finish and it begins installing the driver and immediately crashes to a Visual Studio debugger with the error: An unhandled win32 exception occurred in DriverWizard.exe 
It began only happening to me, logged in as myself. My peer was able to do driver installs, now neither of us can.. so we are unable to add printers to our server (Windows Server 2003 R2 (SP2)).
Has anybody seen this before? Any suggestions?
Likely unrelated(?), but, another issue that I have created a separate thread for, our BarTender gives us an error upon opening some labels:
No fonts found. Bartender cannot run without fonts.
This only happens on some labels, others are fine.
Update: This thread was replied to and mentioned possibly corrupt drivers. Will try to install newest drivers and will update with further information.
Update2: Newest drivers still result in crash and will not install the printer.