We've been using BarTender for a number of years now, and this is first time we've come across this issue.
Basically, we're printing batches of product labels, each with serialised barcodes and human readable text displayed. It appears that after printing a number of labels successfully (usually 10 or 11), the barcode and readable text stop being printed. What we know so far is:
- This only happens if the Print Method (i.e. object's properties > Symbology and Size > Print Method) options "Barcodes and human readable text controlled by BarTender" or "Barcodes controlled by the printer and text controlled by BarTender" are set. In the second case, only the text is affected with the barcode printing and scanning correctly
- Changing properties such as barcode dimensions, symbology or text font and size have no effect
- Nor does changing the Print > Object Print Method > TrueType Text option to Raster Graphics
For some context:
- We are using the Automation edition of BarTender with version 10.0 SR4 and build 2868 installed
- The printer being used is the Zebra S4M (300 dpi) - ZPL. Drivers have been updated to latest available - version: 7.4.1
Any ideas what's happening?