跳至主內容

搜尋

搜尋

Bartender - Static data not printing

評論

14 條評論

  • Avatar
    Peter Thane

    It sounds like a possible printer issue to me.

    To reduce the amount of data being sent BarTender will often send a command to cache the label on in the printers memory including the static data fields and then send commands to recall the label and print it with the variable strings. It maybe something is happening and this caching is failing and the fixed strings are not getting saved on the printer.

    In your label format, open it in Designer and disable the Allow Static Objects from the Print>Performance tab and then resave the label and test it as that may help.

     

    0
  • Avatar
    Martin Flei

    I tried it. It does not make any difference sadly.

    I even tried to embedded a pdf as a background image, but it gets skipped on the 2nd label and only variable data is printed.

    0
  • Avatar
    Peter Thane

    If you are using another Sato, can you create do a print run (for a few labels) to this but instead choose the Print to File option and create a PRN output.

     

    To make sure this works for the existing printer, untick the print to file and then click Printer Properties > Tools > Actions and Send File to Printer. The printer should then print the label data in the file normal

     

    Next send that file to the problematic printer and see what happens. 

     

    0
  • Avatar
    Martin Flei

    The other printers are being used at other customer facilities that i do not have access now.

     

    Is there anything else i can check within bartender ?

     

    0
  • Avatar
    Peter Thane

    The problem looks to be one of two things, either a printer memory issue or file format issue. If you could do the testing above then that would help to eliminate one of those potentially.

    Not sure what else to test unless you start a new test label with a a mix of static and variable fields and see how that performs. If the BTW format is corrupted in some way then that could possibly cause what you are seeing.

    0
  • Avatar
    Martin Flei

    I've tried a new label from scratch, but it did not make a difference.

     

    In case of a printer memory issue, what would the next steps be in troubleshooting ?

    Same for file format issue , what next steps could i take to fix it ?

    Thank you!

    0
  • Avatar
    Brian Eikenboom

    Do you have a solution for this? i am experiencing the same.

    Test printing the .btw file with the database works, but actually processing a file results in printing the embedded data only on the first label

    0
  • Avatar
    Peter Thane

    Have you turned off all the printer optimisations as mentioned above?  

    0
  • Avatar
    Brian Eikenboom

    Yes, that made no difference.

    I also created a new label from scratch, no difference.

    0
  • Avatar
    Peter Thane

    You could retry it will Allow Static Objects, Graphic and Templates caching and with a different font to see if they make any difference or log in with admin rights to see if there is any permission type issues preventing access to certain driver features.

     

    0
  • Avatar
    Brian Eikenboom

    Retry it will Allow Static Objects, Graphic and Templates caching and with a different font, fixed it.

    Thanks for the help!, thought i don't understand what exactly fixed it, because if i uncheck all of those again, it will still print correctly.

     

    0
  • Avatar
    Brian Eikenboom

    Just went to the production location, only changing Allow Static Objects, Graphic and Templates caching, did not fix it.

    Just now i also changed a font and ill check tomorrow if this fixed it.

    0
  • Avatar
    Peter Thane

    You may want to look at rights to the printer and make sure the users on the Production PC have full rights under the Security tab as that could be the issue as they are not able to access the full features of the printer and the static items are not getting cached on the device. 

    0
  • Avatar
    Brian Eikenboom

    Changing the font on 1 text line worked, i don't understand why this also fixed the other texts, but it works so i am not complaining.

    Thanks for the help.

    0

登入寫評論。