Using BarTender Integrations, it is possible to trigger a print job via email.
This article will go over the steps required to set up an email integration.
BarTender 2016 and later
Automation Edition and higher
Setup an Email Integration
This example will use a BTXML script for printing. For details on how to set up the BTW file, review the following article Print Multiple Records With a Single Call to Your Web Service Integration.
Once the Btw file is properly setup you can follow the steps below to create an email integration:
- Open Integration Builder and create a new email integration
- Enter the information for the email address to be monitored for incoming emails:
- Mail Server: This is the address for the email Server it depends on the email provider you are using. (Check the Commonly Used Email Services section below)
- Email Address: which will be monitored for incoming emails
- Port: This setting should be left as default unless instructed otherwise by your email service provider. (Check the Commonly Used Email Services section below)
- Login Settings: Your user credentials to login to your email account.
- Once you have entered all of the information use the Test button at the bottom to verify the connection.
- Set the integration's behavior when checking the inbox:
- Email Address: Filter the emails by the sender's email address.
- Check Inbox Every: Frequency with which the inbox is polled.
- Subject: Filter the emails by subject line. Set this to "Email Integration".
- When Mail Arrives: Choose to forward and delete or simply delete the email after it is processed.
- Process the email content:
- Click the radio button next to Run actions using the Email's body content as input data
- Input Data Format: Specify the format of the content as BTXML Script.
- Remove the Print Document action and add a Print BTXML Script action by clicking on the + button.
- Make sure that the source variable is set to EventData
- Click on the Test tab and run the integration by clicking Start
- Send an email with the subject line you specified as a filter and the BTXML code in the body. Address it to the email address being monitored by the integration:
Commonly Used Email Services
- Outlook: POP, IMAP, and SMTP settings for Outlook.com
- GMAIL: Read Gmail messages on other email clients using POP
- YAHOO: POP access settings and instructions for Yahoo Mail
Starting with BarTender 2022 R5, BarTender supports OAuth for both POP3 and SMTP in email Integrations and actions:
- OAuth settings for POP3:
- OAuth settings for SMTP: